Author Topic: Rockets 19 straight and counting.  (Read 3593 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Rockets 19 straight and counting.
« on: March 11, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »
Not wanting to hijack your other thread Randolp, but now the Rockets are into uncharted territory.
This is getting really serious now.
1 game out of not only taking the co-lead of the SWest Division but the entire West.  I'm very glad the Spurs won tonight  :P and glad the Rockets play New OrL in about a week.
Next two games against relative patsies ATL and Bobcats as the Rockets control their own destiny in overtaking the Lakers as soon as their head to head showdown is over on March 16th.

They just tied the Marketing Lakers of 2000 for the 3rd longest win streak in NBA history.
21 straight and they will move past the Lew Alcindor Bucks for 2nd place alltime.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rockets 19 straight and counting.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
So quick to jump off the Yao bandwagon, sad.

That's great they might reach the plateau of the mighty 2000 Lakers but they will never touch the Lakers with Jerry West.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
Not this year anyways.
The trade deadline is over.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29:04 PM »
How long does Houston streak?

Wed, Mar 12 @ Atlanta 7:00 PM   
Fri, Mar 14 Charlotte 8:30 PM   
Sun, Mar 16 LA Lakers 7:00 PM NBA TV 
Tue, Mar 18 Boston 9:30 PM TNT 
Wed, Mar 19 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM   
Fri, Mar 21 @ Golden State 10:30 PM   
Sat, Mar 22 @ Phoenix 10:00 PM   
Mon, Mar 24 Sacramento 8:30 PM   
Wed, Mar 26 Minnesota 8:30 PM   
Sun, Mar 30 @ San Antonio 1:00 PM 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
They are going to lose tonight  :o

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:57:50 AM »
Props on win number 20.  This is a really remarkable streak.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 05:08:41 PM »
22 and counting.

The Rockets do play so very tough defense.  If it wasn't for a once in a lifetime game from Alston, the streak would have ended today.  They have a tough test Tuesday, I expect the streak to end there.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 06:52:56 PM »
While everything else has returned to 2005-7 for the Lakers, Kobe going 11-33, scowling at teamates, hanging in only with ridiculous calls in a game they trailed virtually thruout, one thing has been found by the Lakers.
An enforcer.  One who fits perfectly with the Lakers and their posters here on the board.

See the end of the game with the new Enforcer mixing it up with Rafer Alston after he fried the Lakes for 30?

Sasha Vujac, Laker Enforcer.

Randolph how'd you like watching Louwie Scola, the one who you said had no future in the NBA?

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 07:30:39 PM »
While everything else has returned to 2005-7 for the Lakers, Kobe going 11-33, scowling at teamates, hanging in only with ridiculous calls in a game they trailed virtually thruout, one thing has been found by the Lakers.
An enforcer.  One who fits perfectly with the Lakers and their posters here on the board.

See the end of the game with the new Enforcer mixing it up with Rafer Alston after he fried the Lakes for 30?

Sasha Vujac, Laker Enforcer.

Randolph how'd you like watching Louwie Scola, the one who you said had no future in the NBA?

Notice you failed to mention how well TMac did against Kobe's defense.  I'm not even going to discuss much else with you about the game -- you fail to discuss anything about the Lakers rationally.  I would be HAPPY to see a healthy Lakers squad play a healthy Rockets squad -- the Lakers win that series!

Oh, please go back and show me where I said that Scola didn't have a future in the NBA.  You can't do it!  I was SOOO glad that the Spurs ticked him off and they shipped him to the Rockets -- he and TD together would have been a very powerful combination.  This guy has game.  In fact, if you actually read posts around here instead of just posting idiotic rhetoric, you would have seen where I stated that Scola was as important to Venezulua Olympic gold as Manu was.  Without Scola, they would have never won gold -- same is true with Manu.  The rest were just solid role players.  Of course, it didn't help that the people that put together the Olympic team that year obviously didn't understand how to put a team together.  They followed the same process that they used in NHL for years -- let's just throw a bunch of stars and scorers together and watch them outscore teams (and that was doomed to fail for numerous reasons).  The rest of the world doesn't stand a chance against our present dream team.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:55:36 PM »
The defense they are playing right now is AWESOME.  Today they did an excellent job all around but Shane Battier was clearly the man.  He was the MVP today.  With no one else able to really get any production going him forcing Kobe into tough shots. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 08:38:32 PM »
I would be HAPPY to see a healthy Lakers squad play a healthy Rockets squad -- the Lakers win that series!
Ha!  You think Collusion '08 will solve everything.  Truth is the Rockets were missing not only Ming but frontliner PF roler Carl Landry as well.  16 minutes per game, 8 pts and 5 boards with a Fablike 63% shooting percentage.  Trumps anything Mihm has done, and you Laker whiners included Mihms absense while failing to even mention Landry.

I'll look up your posts on Scola, Randolph.  The real ones.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 08:42:51 PM »
I would be HAPPY to see a healthy Lakers squad play a healthy Rockets squad -- the Lakers win that series!
Ha!  You think Collusion '08 will solve everything.  Truth is the Rockets were missing not only Ming but frontliner PF roler Carl Landry as well.  16 minutes per game, 8 pts and 5 boards with a Fablike 63% shooting percentage.  Trumps anything Mihm has done, and you Laker whiners included Mihms absense while failing to even mention Landry.

I'll look up your posts on Scola, Randolph.  The real ones.

We are not worried about Collusion.  We are hoping that Spurs type collisions 07 will help them to get the championship like last year.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »
Trumps anything Mihm has done, and you Laker whiners included Mihms absense while failing to even mention Landry.

Does it trump anything Bynum, Gasol or Ariza have done?  Not even close.  Bynum, Gasol, Ariza trumps anything Yao and Landry have done.  At least the Lakers have a chance of getting thsoe guys back.  I wonder if the refs will collusion their way to screwing the Suns again this year now that TD killer Shaq is on board?  They league has already conspired to give the Spurs an easy first half schedule, now the Spurs are going to have to play some real teams.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
Notice you failed to mention how well TMac did against Kobe's defense. 
No but i did see how he did against the Lakers zone.  I'm talking about T-Mac, not Kobme.
I also saw Battier foul Kobe with his testicles.

Bynum, Gasol, Ariza trumps anything Yao and Landry have done.
:D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 10:29:35 AM »
No but i did see how he did against the Lakers zone.  I'm talking about T-Mac, not Kobme.
I also saw Battier foul Kobe with his testicles.

Battier played the best D on Kobe I've seen all year.  I think some of the better defenders focus too much on stopping Kobe, Battier was content to bother Kobe on EVERY single shot.  It paid off big time, Kobe was missing shots he normally makes and looking at the refs on almost every play.  T-Mac was shut down for most of the game.

Do you seriously think that Yao and Landry are a bigger impact that Bynum, Gasol and Ariza, heck, I'll even take Ariza out of the equation.  Do you honestly think Yao and Landry are better than Bynum and Gasol?  Why?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"